Having a cute little animal in your attic is fun, right?
January 8, 2016
Rodents gnaw wires. If you have squirrels, rats, or mice taking up residence in your wall voids, there is a chance they will chew on your wires. Not only will this cause you to have to find the issue and repair it, it is possible those chewed wires could start a house fire.
They can disturb insulation. If animals use insulation to build their nests, that means more heat goes out through your walls or roof, and this leads to higher energy costs.
They make holes. When an animal finds an entry point, they often chew the hole bigger to get in and out easier. This means moisture from rain or snow can seep in and eventually cause rot, mold, and water damage.
Sleep deprivation. Squirrels, raccoons, or other wildlife living in your attic and wall voids can be quite noisy, and many animals are active at night when you are trying to sleep. This can lead to all sorts of problems including sickness and missed work.
Wild animals can carry many human-spread pathogens as well as the rabies virus. They spread these diseases throughout a home with their urine, feces, and parasites living on their fur.
For Immediate Assistance Call (888) 324-7025
- Recent Blog Posts
- February 21, 2019 - Why Leave Cockroaches to the Professionals at American Pest Solutions
- February 12, 2019 - How Squirrels Get Into Springfield Homes
- February 06, 2019 - How Hartford Residents Can Protect Their Homes Against Termites in 2019
- Ants - (10)
- Bed Bugs - (31)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (1)
- Carpenter Bees - (1)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (2)
- Cockroaches - (7)
- pest control in RI and MA - (1)
- carpenter ant prevention tips - (1)
- tick control in springfield - (1)
- structural pest management - (1)
- norway rat prevention tip - (1)
- termite solutions - (1)
- home pest control in ct - (1)
- overwintering pests in ma - (1)
- carpenter ant control in hartford ct - (1)
- pest control expert - (1)
- View All Tags