Six Simple Spider Control Tips For Hartford Property Owners
August 31, 2021
Hartford resident Mark Twain once said: "Of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see, this is the chief … You do not know what beauty is if you have not been here." As one of the oldest cities in the United States, people have enjoyed everything Hartford has to offer for centuries. Another thing Hartford residents have experienced over the years is spiders invading homes. While most house spiders are not dangerous, they certainly are creepy. You have a right to enjoy your Hartford home, and you should never feel forced to live among house spiders. Being bit by the wrong spider can also lead to long-term damage or death, so control spider populations in the home are critical to the happiness and safety of you and your loved ones.
Are Spiders Dangerous?
With over 40,000 species worldwide, some of the more common pests you are likely to see around your home are spiders. Although some spiders are indeed quite venomous and, as such, dangerous to humans, most of the spiders you encounter around the house are harmless. However, that doesn't mean you want them creeping and crawling throughout your home.
Common Spiders In Hartford
While there are several local species, some of the more common house spiders found in Hartford include American house spiders, wolf spiders, and yellow sac spiders. Regardless of the type of spiders residing in your home, they are probably there because of the presence of other bugs and insects.
Spiders feed predominantly on insects and bugs. Not controlling other pests automatically provides a convenient source of food in which a spider population can thrive. Proper maintenance and control of household pests are most successfully done by developing a year-round relationship with a pest control company. A quality pest control plan can keep common household pests eradicated which, in turn, limits the likelihood of a spider infestation.
5 Simple Prevention Tips For Hartford Property Owners
Spiders are ever encroaching on our Hartford properties. The only way to stop this encroachment is to reduce the conditions that lead to spider infestations.
Here are five practical spider control tips that will help you keep spiders out of your Hartford property.
- Seal Entry Points: When spiders come near your home, you don't want them to find an easy pathway inside. There are some common entry points spiders use. Seal these by using foam, mesh, a caulking gun, or a repair kit. Places to be mindful of include gaps around utilities, doors, and windows, cracks in the foundation or exterior walls, and damaged screens and soffits.
- Protect Your Trash: Open access to trash will attract insects and other pests which will then attract spiders. Keep both indoor and outdoor trashcans covered with tight-fitting lids.
- Clear Outside Debris: Leaf piles, debris, and other outdoor clutter make excellent nesting grounds for spiders. Regularly look for ways to minimize these areas on your property. It's also a good idea to keep firewood at least 20 feet away from the building and at least a foot off the ground.
- Reduce Moisture: Many bugs need moisture to live. If you have a moist perimeter, you'll have lots of bug activity. There are many ways moisture issues can develop. To reduce moisture build-up outside try watering plants in the morning, trimming tree branches to let sunlight into shaded areas, and making sure to keep gutters and other drainage systems well maintained. Inside it is important to fix leaks promptly and use a dehumidifier as needed.
- Food Storage: To discourage spiders' pest prey from entering your home, it is essential to store food appropriately. Make sure to keep food in sealed containers or in the refrigerator, pick up pet food when not in use, and clean up any spills quickly.
Tip #6: Call The Professionals At American Pest Solutions
At American Pest Solutions, we provide Hartford residents with the highest level of spider control. The methods we use work to track spider activity and ensure that all spiders are eliminated from inside your home. If you have questions about how we address spider infestations, we'd be happy to answer them. Reach out to us anytime. You can connect with us right here on our webpage. We have knowledgeable agents standing by to assist you. If you prefer a hands-on approach, you can schedule a home evaluation. This is a pest control inspection that comes with actionable information to help you address your spider problem. We'll direct you toward suitable options for your specific needs and budget. Connect with us today to get immediate assistance. We're here to help.
- Recent Blog Posts
- September 17, 2021 - A Guide To Carpenter Bee Control In Western Massachusetts
- September 14, 2021 - Hartford Homeowners' Effective Cricket Control Guide
- September 10, 2021 - Why Are There Stink Bugs On My Western Massachusetts Property?
- Ants - (16)
- Bed Bugs - (45)
- Birds - (4)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (4)
- Carpet Beetles - (6)
- Clover Mites - (5)
- Cockroaches - (16)
- bed bug control options - (1)
- pavement ant prevention - (1)
- pests found in decorations - (1)
- prevention tips for pavement ants - (1)
- green pest solutions - (1)
- hartford meal moths - (1)
- Rats - (1)
- damages caused by clover mites - (1)
- rat control - (1)
- powder post beetles prevention tips - (1)
- View All Tags