Mice Problems On The Rise In Hartford County CT
November 26, 2014
In recent days we’ve received calls from homeowners in Farmington, Windsor and Hartford County, CT concerned about mice in their homes. Given that the temperatures are in the 30’s, it’s really not surprising. They’re cold! They want warm shelter and if there happens to be a kitchen to forage in all the better.
Mice are needy. They need food. They need water. They need shelter. As the cold weather sets in, mice and other pests are looking for a place that provides all three of these elements. Unfortunately our homes fit the bill. So what can you do to prevent mice, other rodents and pests from making your home their winter getaway? Pest proof!
Pest proofing (also known in the pest control industry as pest exclusion) is the first line of defense in the battle against mice (and other pests). It consists of sealing any opening that a rodent or insect could fit through. For mice, that’s any gap or hole that is a quarter of an inch or more. For advice on how to seal your home and other pest proofing tips, check out this blog post.
Now if you’re thinking what’s the big deal, they’re just tiny mice? Sure, they are small in stature but don’t be deceived by these rodents. Mice are dangerous. They are a health hazard and a threat to your home and belongings. Click here to learn more about the risks associated with mice.
If you’ve discovered mouse droppings in your kitchen drawer, have heard mice scurrying around in your walls or overhead at night or spotted a mouse in the house, contact American Pest Solutions for advice on how to get rid of mice.
- Recent Blog Posts
- July 17, 2019 - Why You Can Have a Bed Bug Problem and Not Know It
- July 10, 2019 - Last-Minute Tips For Wasp Prevention In New England
- July 05, 2019 - Where Carpenter Ant Damage Occurs In New England Homes
- Ants - (12)
- Bed Bugs - (33)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (2)
- Carpenter Bees - (2)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (3)
- Cockroaches - (9)
- carpet beetles in your hartford home - (1)
- bird removal - (1)
- dangers and damages caused by wildlife - (1)
- employment opportunities - (1)
- common ants in springfield - (1)
- mosquito control in springfield - (1)
- powder post beetles prevention tips - (1)
- damages caused by carpet beetles - (1)
- birds are harmful and destructive - (1)
- green pest solutions - (1)
- View All Tags