When Will Stinging Insects Become a Problem Again in New England
March 21, 2019
In: Stinging Insects
Spring is when stinging insects will begin emerging again. The warmer the temperature, the more active stinging insects are. This means that at the end of summer they’ll reach their peak. If they aren’t forced to leave a place, their populations can grow to an overwhelming number. This means an increased risk of being stung. Spring is the time to nip an infestation in the bud. To do this, you must know what is attracting them to your yard in the first place.
There are several factors that can attract stinging insects into your New England yard. Unfortunately, your beautiful landscape can be what is luring them in. Wasps and bees are attracted to flowers (and play a vital role in pollination). Having fewer flowering plants will make your home less attractive. Alternative methods can include placing the flowers further away from your home. Other sweet smells such as the food from your barbecue or even your trash can be attractive to stinging insects as well. Yellow jackets are likely to claim a trash bin or backyard picnic as theirs--and they can be extremely territorial and aggressive.
- Here are some helpful tips to prevent stinging insects:
- Place tight-fitting lids on your trash.
- Keep food covered while outside.
- Seal cracks around the exterior of your home.
- Place caps on your chimney.
- Make sure your screens are intact.
- Trim bushes and trees away from the house to eliminate hiding places.
Prevention steps are important to keep you and your family safe. You can read more on our previous blog, Tips To Protect Your Family From Stinging Insects. If you’re dealing with a stinging insect invasion, we don’t recommend trying to take care of the problem on your own. Stinging insects can be aggressive and dangerous. Some are capable of causing multiple stings in one incident. Professional Pest Control is highly recommended with these pests.
With our home pest control services, you can be sure all current pest infestations are eliminated, and future ones prevented. A customized solution through American Pest Solutions is your best option for defense against stinging insects. You can trust us to protect your home from pests. We’ve been serving the area since 1913. Not only are we experienced, but we are also environmentally responsible with our treatment methods. Let American Pest Solutions eliminate stinging insects from your yard before they get worse. Chat with us now or schedule your free evaluation today.
For Immediate Assistance Call (888) 324-7025
- Recent Blog Posts
- April 15, 2019 - Are Clover Mites Dangerous to New England Residents?
- April 10, 2019 - How to Cockroach-Proof Your New England Home for the Spring
- April 04, 2019 - Hartford Homeowner’s Guide to Summer Termite Infestations
- Ants - (11)
- Bed Bugs - (31)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (1)
- Carpenter Bees - (1)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (3)
- Cockroaches - (8)
- carpenter ant solutions - (1)
- spiders in new england - (1)
- carpenter bee facts - (1)
- Cluster Fly Swarms - (1)
- tick control and prevention in springfield - (1)
- bird control in ma - (1)
- property inspection - (1)
- squirrel removal - (1)
- tick control and prevention in ma - (1)
- carpenter bee prevention tips - (1)
- View All Tags