Tips To Keep Flies Out Of Your Kitchen This Summer
July 31, 2019
You start to notice them as soon as the weather heats up. First, you see a few outside. Then one gets into your house. Suddenly, there are a half dozen of them and for every one you manage to kill, two more seem to take its place. Flies are a part of summer that you may not like, but you put up with them. However, there are plenty of reasons to want to keep them out of your house. These tips to keep flies out of your kitchen this summer should help.
Why You Don’t Want Flies in Your Kitchen
Flies are certainly a nuisance. They’re noisy with their incessant buzzing. They fly around your head and land on you when you’re trying to relax. And they’re always there when you’re trying to prepare or eat your food.
But flies are more than just a nuisance. They can actually be quite dangerous. They spend a lot of time in the garbage, on feces, and on rotting meat and carcasses, where they pick up bacteria and parasites. They then spread these around when they get into your house. Flies are known to spread over 200 different pathogens and parasites, many of which can make you sick.
Tips to Keep Flies Out of Your Kitchen This Summer
Keeping flies out of your kitchen doesn’t just make your home more pleasant, it makes it safer. These tips can help keep flies out of your kitchen this summer.
- Do not leave food out on your counter. Put all food items in airtight containers or in the refrigerator.
- Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher or wash them right away. Leaving them in the sink will invite flies.
- Wipe down your counters and tabletops after meal prep or eating.
- Sweep or vacuum frequently.
- Clean spills or messes as soon as they happen.
- Take out the trash frequently.
- Keep your sink drains clean. If you wash food matter down the drain, flies will sometimes get inside to feed and lay eggs.
- If you leave doors or windows open, make sure your screens are free of holes or rips. Also, make sure there are no gaps or openings around your windows or doors that flies could fit through.
- Keep outdoor garbage bins away from the house and with tight-fitting lids.
If flies invade and you can’t get them under control, contact American Pest Solutions. We can eliminate flies from your house, keeping it safe from the diseases they spread. Don’t let flies ruin your summer. Call us today.
- Recent Blog Posts
- January 20, 2021 - What Overwintering Pests Could Mean For Your Massachusetts Home
- January 14, 2021 - Why You Need Professional Help With Rodents in your Burlington Home
- January 12, 2021 - Four Easy & Effective Cockroach Prevention Tips For Greenfield Property Owners
- Ants - (14)
- Bed Bugs - (40)
- Birds - (4)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (3)
- Carpet Beetles - (5)
- Clover Mites - (4)
- Cockroaches - (13)
- join our team - (1)
- massachusetts ants - (1)
- spring pest prevention - (1)
- home pest control in springfield - (1)
- facts about mice - (1)
- bed bug control options - (1)
- free mosquito evaluation - (1)
- termite control in ma and ct - (1)
- green pest solutions - (1)
- hartford meal moths - (1)
- View All Tags