Complete Cockroach Prevention Guide For Western Massachusetts
February 15, 2023
You probably don't like living with cockroaches in your home, but you may already have some of them in your home. These insects are smelly, repulsive, and disgusting. That is not all. Cockroaches are also pervasive and dangerous to your family. They like walking in dirty places and can infect your cooking surfaces and food.
Unfortunately, these insects are filthy and not easy to control or prevent. You need to hire an experienced Western Massachusetts pest control company. Specifically, you can hire American Pest Solutions Inc. This guide will teach you how to identify roaches, their health risks, what attracts them to your home, and how to get rid of cockroaches forever.
How To Identify A Cockroach
There are about 4,600 species of cockroaches globally. Of these, 30 species like living with humans, most of which are pests. Though the species differ slightly, they share certain traits that can help you identify that you are dealing with a cockroach infestation. These traits include the following:
- They are oval shaped.
- They have flattened bodies ranging between 3/4 inches and three inches long.
- Most cockroaches are shiny, reddish-brown (whitish immediately after molting).
- They move very fast.
- They have long antennae and are poor fliers.
Cockroaches are nocturnal pests, so you will likely see them at night. They usually come out when the lights are off. They will run and hide after you switch the lights on.
Cockroaches In Your Home Is A Major Risk To Your Health
The fact that cockroaches like walking in filthy places means they are a significant health risk. These opportunistic scavengers carry bacteria and germs on their bodies which can cause diseases like E. coli, dysentery, gastroenteritis, and salmonellosis. They can cause allergic reactions, especially in asthmatic people. Their excrement and shed skin can trigger allergic reactions. Cockroaches contaminate food because they walk on food and food-preparing surfaces. They can also be found where foods are stored, such as pantries and cabinets.
Cockroaches are dangerous because they like hiding. They may be responsible for your health challenges at home without your knowledge. That is why you need to have your home inspected by American Pest Solutions Inc experts.
Eliminate Factors That Attract Cockroaches Into Your Home
You can reduce the population of roaches in your Western Massachusetts home by eliminating the factor that attracts them. The following are the steps you can take to achieve this:
- Inspect used items, deliveries, plant pots, and boxes for roaches before bringing them into the house.
- Check for leaks behind refrigerators and under sinks and repair all leaky pipes immediately.
- Eliminate food debris from floors and counters.
- Keep your house clutter-free by paying attention to drawers, cabinets, pantries, closets, and basements.
- Store both human and pet foods in sealed containers.
- Seal all cracks and crevasses in walls, drawers, cabinets, pantries, cupboards, etc.
- Keep your house clean, particularly the kitchen.
The above tips will only reduce the cockroach population in your home but will not eliminate them 100%. You need a professional pest control remedy to be sure that your home is free from these dirty insects. You can immediately call American Pest Solutions Inc. if you see any cockroaches in your house.
How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches In My House?
All DIY methods used to deal with pests won't work with cockroaches. And it is not advisable to use chemical sprays, which are known to be harmful to humans and the environment. If you want to eliminate cockroaches from your home, contact American Pest Solutions Inc. We provide practical and evidence-based cockroach control solutions. Call us today for a free, no-obligation pest control quote.
- Recent Blog Posts
- September 24, 2023 - How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 14, 2023 - Stink Bug Solutions: Essential Steps To Keep Stink Bugs Away From Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 09, 2023 - Keeping Crickets At Bay: Effective Prevention Techniques For Your Western Massachusetts Home
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (58)
- Birds - (8)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (26)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- bed bug myths - (1)
- flea and tick prevention - (1)
- spring pest prevention - (1)
- zika virus - (1)
- signs of cockroaches - (1)
- cockroaches in greenfield - (1)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- View All Tags