Are The Mice In Hartford Making Me Sick?
May 30, 2022
One misconception about pest control in Hartford is that it’s needed only in sudden situations, but it has to be a constant. Lots of insects and creatures can flourish indoors before their wreckage is evident. They’re capable of distributing germs and illnesses too. Types of rodents, like mice, are known for this.
You can’t keep mice away without a concerted effort. The food, water, and shelter prevalent in human spaces inspire their intrusions. Eradicating rodents is also challenging because they hastily reproduce and break into domiciles. For all you know, the animals might be the reason for your medical difficulties. Learn more about mice now and how American Pest Solutions can help. We have a humane way to get rid of mice.
If I See One Mouse In My Home, Does That Mean There Are More?
It’s rare for a mouse to be alone, as sightings are usually a hint of a larger population. Of the various types of rodents in the area, house mice are a big problem for residents. These hairy black, brown, or gray animals are 7 inches long. Around their stomachs are lighter tones. Given that their bodies are stretchy and have prickly teeth, they can enter holes the size of a ½ inch. If there’s a significant amount of vegetation nearby, you might face a mouse issue. These pests also hide in still, dark, damp, or humid zones—for example, structural voids, cabinets, basements, and attics.
Major infestation signs are:
- Finding rod-like droppings with blunt tips
- Seeing footprints with four front toes and five back toes
- Hearing squeaking and scratching noises from behind the walls
- Noticing bite marks on cords and foundations
- Smelling unpleasant odors continually
It won’t be long before rodents begin destroying things. Their teeth have to chew on things to keep them down as their teeth grow. Mice chewing wires can strike electrical fires and outages. Rebuilding after such an event can be highly challenging. It’s the same for the cosmetic and plumbing damages from the vermin gnawing on walls and pipes.
Can Mice Make You Sick Without Touching Them?
You don’t have to touch rodents to contract the diseases mice carry. Parasites and microbes are deep in their fur, and bacteria cells are in their saliva and waste. Food and surface contamination is guaranteed, especially when considering where these pests gather. Filthy places, such as streets, gutters, and dumpsters, are hubs for mice. They are connected to three conditions: lymphocytic choriomeningitis, salmonella, or hantavirus.
What Happens If My Cat Catches A Mouse?
Cats can develop a roundworm or toxoplasmosis infection from mice—the latter may be transmitted through contact with feline excrement.
How Do I Get Rid Of Mice For Good?
To keep mice away from your property, do the following:
- Reduce clutter to prevent concealing corners.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen often. Wash dishes, counters, cabinets, and around appliances.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Vacuum all carpeting.
- Put food, trash, and pet meals in airtight canisters.
- Have leaks and moisture malfunctions repaired.
- Patch up openings in foundations and utilities. Steel wool is superior to rubber or plastic.
- Rinse drains, gutters, and vents on a routine basis.
- Distance plants two feet from the property.
- Cut the grass and trim the greenery regularly.
You won’t have to stress about the diseases mice carry if you depend on us at American Pest Solutions. We have industrial-grade rodent control treatments and safer and more effective tools than retail options. Don’t bother with “do it yourself” tactics that can leave around mice chewing wires. Our avenues include traps, exclusion work, and sanitation. Call today for a free evaluation and a humane way to get rid of mice!
- Recent Blog Posts
- August 03, 2022 - How To Keep Earwigs In Western Massachusetts Out Of Your Home
- August 01, 2022 - Pack Rats In Massachusetts: Know The Signs
- July 30, 2022 - What To Do If You've Been Bitten By A Centipede In Hartford
- Ants - (17)
- Bed Bugs - (50)
- Birds - (5)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (5)
- Carpet Beetles - (9)
- Clover Mites - (6)
- Cockroaches - (19)
- bed bugs in ct - (1)
- termites in western ma - (1)
- preventing carpet beetles - (1)
- free mosquito evaluation - (1)
- squirrel removal assistance - (1)
- tick control in hartford - (1)
- carpenter ant control in hartford ct - (1)
- millipede information - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- house mouse - (1)
- View All Tags