Why Traps Aren't Enough To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Western Massachusetts Home
January 20, 2022
Western Massachusetts is an excellent place for families to visit or settle down. One interesting place that draws families is a 735-acre Zoo in Forest Park. This Springfield attraction offers self-guided tours or guided tours by train that showcases farm animals, local wildlife, and exotic animal attractions. House mice love settling into western Massachusetts homes – no guided tour needed!
Here's A Quick Way To Identify House Mice In Western Massachusetts
You can travel all over the United States, and the house mouse will be there; that makes them the most common mouse found in homes. Since they seem to be everywhere, people often attempt to remove them with traps. If homeowners plan on "taking the mouse house on," they better know their characteristics.
Five characteristics that will help identify house mice include:
- Their coloring: light gray with creamy bellies.
- Their size: these are small mice, measuring between 5½ to 7½ inches long (including their tail).
- Their relatively large ears.
- Their small black eyes.
- Their pointed noses.
Who Else Wants To Know Why Traps Are Ineffective Against House Mice Infestations?
If you think over-the-counter traps are going to eliminate mice infestations, you're wrong. Since house mice bring disease, damage, and other pests into homes, anyone who deals with house mouse infestations knows that it is imperative to get them out.
Multiple trapping devices on the market claim to eliminate mice, but they are an ineffective solution to a much bigger problem. With traps, you may get one or two mice here and there, but you don't have any idea what's going on in other places in your home. House mice breed like crazy; once they get in, traps won't get them all. No matter what traps you put down, your house mouse problem will continue unabated if you can't stop them from getting into your house in the first place! If their entry points are always open and inviting, you will spend a lot of money on traps that won't keep up with the invasion.
The Best Way To Remove House Mice From Your Western Massachusetts Home
The best way to keep mice away is with professional pest removal services provided by American Pest Solutions. Our company is a long-term member of the local business community with an excellent reputation. Our experience in finding house mice entry points and eliminating their access to your home is superior. Leave your home and your loved one's safety in our capable hands. Call American Pest Solutions today to keep mice away.
Secrets To House Mice Prevention In Western Massachusetts
Homeowners need to be on the offensive when it comes to house mice prevention. Because house mice are small mice, even holes the size of a dime and slightly wider gaps than a pencil will allow access to your home. Their teeth gnaw through all types of materials; if they see areas they can chew through to access your house, they will.
Ten house mice prevention techniques include:
- Cover vents and chimneys with screens.
- Fill cracks, gaps, and holes around your home with silicon-based caulk and steel wool.
- Repair any plumbing issues.
- Keep attics, crawl spaces, and basements well ventilated.
- Declutter storage areas.
- Practice good sanitation.
- Remove harborage areas (debris) from yards.
- Keep bushes, shrubs, and trees trimmed and branches away from your home.
- Trim shrubs and trees and plant away from the house.
- Keep stacked firewood 20 feet away from your home.
- Recent Blog Posts
- May 15, 2022 - Make Sure You Don't Attract Fruit Flies In Western Massachusetts
- May 10, 2022 - The Key To Keeping Millipedes Out Of Your Western Massachusetts Garden
- May 05, 2022 - Are You Struggling With Stink Bugs In Western Massachusetts?
- Ants - (17)
- Bed Bugs - (49)
- Birds - (5)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (4)
- Carpet Beetles - (8)
- Clover Mites - (5)
- Cockroaches - (18)
- Rats - (1)
- indian meal moth eradication - (1)
- massachusettes house mice - (1)
- bed bugs in ct - (1)
- raccoons in hartford - (1)
- preventing carpet beetles - (1)
- tick control in hartford - (1)
- squirrel removal assistance - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- millipede information - (1)
- View All Tags