The Secret To DIY Rodent Control For Hartford Properties
January 30, 2022
Hartford, Connecticut, is situated halfway between the impressive skyscrapers of Boston and New York City. Hartford’s history includes many famous people, such as Harriet Beecher Stowe, Mark Twain, and Samuel, and Elizabeth Colt. This modern city now boasts that it is “on the verge of discovery.” Unbeknownst to Hartford property owners, rodents may be on the verge of discovering the perfect path right into their structure.
Here’s A Quick Way To Identify Hartford Rodents And Their Dangers
Rodents inside your property bring with them a whole host of problems. Since several common rodents frequent Hartford properties, it is essential to identify which ones may give you trouble.
Three common rodents that invade Hartford properties include:
- House mice: They have rounded bodies with dusty gray fur and creamy white underbellies. Their bodies are small, measuring between 5¼ to 7¾ inches. Their ears are relatively large, and they have pointed noses.
- Roof rats: These long and sleek rodents have smooth brown fur mixed with black hairs; their belly can be white, black, or gray. Roof rat bodies measure between 12 to 16 inches. They have large eyes and ears with a pointed nose.
- Norway rats: This rat has a long, heavy body with bristly brown fur and scattered black hairs; their bellies range from light gray to brown. They measure from 7½ to 9 inches long, and their noses are blunt, and their ears and eyes are small.
Not only are house rodents a nuisance, but they also bring with them a whole host of health and structural problems. They gnaw and chew through any number of materials and can cause fires and extensive damage to properties. Additionally, there are multiple health issues that they carry, including over 35 different diseases. Their urine and feces can cause asthma flare-ups and allergies, and they can also transport other pests into properties, such as lice, ticks, mites, and fleas.
What Everyone Should Know About Rodent Removal In Hartford
It is rare for property owners to deal with house mice and rats at the same time. Whether you have one or the other, neither is easy to remove.
Three issues making rodent removal challenging includes:
- It is difficult to find and seal all the small cracks and crevices they use to access your property.
- They chew through just about anything to get what they want.
- They breed like crazy and have large litters.
Who Else Wants To Know Why DIY Products Fail And Their Dangers?
There’s no doubt about it; property owners have to get rid of rodents as soon as possible, but many try to get rid of rodents independently. While many do-it-yourself products are on the market, few (if any) are successful.
Some everyday do-it-yourself products include:
- Ultrasonic repellants
Traps and baits typically only capture/kill a few house rodents; they don’t get the entire infestation. Bombs and poisons can be dangerous to people and pets, and ultrasonic devices have reportedly given people headaches, nausea, and migraines.
The Best Way To Remove Rodents From Your Hartford Property
Handling rodents on your own can cause a loss of time and money for property owners. Why go through all the hassle of trying to get rid of these menaces yourself? American Pest Solutions has been removing rodents since 1913. Our board-certified Entomologist can zero in on the appropriate treatments needed to tackle your specific pest problems. Contact American Pest Solutions today for economical solutions that will protect the people in your building and eliminate the pests hassling you.
- Recent Blog Posts
- August 03, 2022 - How To Keep Earwigs In Western Massachusetts Out Of Your Home
- August 01, 2022 - Pack Rats In Massachusetts: Know The Signs
- July 30, 2022 - What To Do If You've Been Bitten By A Centipede In Hartford
- Ants - (17)
- Bed Bugs - (50)
- Birds - (5)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (5)
- Carpet Beetles - (9)
- Clover Mites - (6)
- Cockroaches - (19)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- carpenter ant control in hartford ct - (1)
- indian meal moth eradication - (1)
- raccoons in hartford - (1)
- preventing carpet beetles - (1)
- common hartford ticks - (1)
- squirrel removal assistance - (1)
- Rats - (1)
- new england - (1)
- millipede information - (1)
- View All Tags