Don't Let Carpenter Bees Damage Your Home In Western Massachusetts
May 20, 2022
In: Carpenter Bees
There are things most people understand about bees, despite not being experts. For example, it’s widely known that these bugs create honey, and they buzz around plants; folks realize this activity supports the ecosystem. It’s recognized that bees have stingers; it will be painful if stung. If you have pest control in Western Massachusetts, you won’t have to worry about this or the issues with specific species.
Carpenter bees in Western Massachusetts are a nightmare for property owners. These bugs dismantle wood, possibly making your home unstable. Invasions happen quickly, so it’s wise to study carpenter bee removal methods. At American Pest Solutions, we offer effective treatments that are exclusive. It would help if you got rid of carpenter bees professionally because other options pale in comparison. Learn more about it all now.
How To Identify Carpenter Bees
There’s a lot of physical variation amongst the metallic-skinned carpenter bees in Western Massachusetts. Many are dainty in size, being about 0.31 of an inch long. Yellow splotches brighten their dark bodies. Several are larger, though, at 0.46 to 0.98 of an inch. They’re a bit more colorful, as they can be purple-blue, greenish-black, black, or blue. Yellow facial markings are a feature of males who can sting. A carpenter bee swarm near your house can be mistaken for a bumble bee one, but these pests don’t have as many hairs on their bodies.
The most attractive pieces of wood to carpenter bees are those that are unfinished or weathered. Pine and oak grades are preferable to them, as are cyprus, redwood, and fir. The insects also concentrate on greenery for nectar. Siding, roof eaves, window sills,
and doors are a few of the places carpenter bees will frequent. They’ll also surround your lawn furniture; guests might spot them by fences and railings and shy away from coming in. You could see the pests near your deck or porch and think twice about going outside.
Regarding infestations, signs of a carpenter bee swarm near your house are:
- Needle-point openings in wood and foundations
- Fecal stains close to their holes
- Quantities of sawdust and pollen beneath their drillings
- Observing carpenter bees
- Having woodpecker incidents; they eat carpenter bee larvae
- Random wood damage
Don’t procrastinate to contact professionals when you notice such things.
Does Anything Instantly Kill Carpenter Bees?
Supposedly, you can kill the larvae of carpenter bees with vinegar and water spray. Scientists, not pest specialists, have stated this to be correct. The experts advise not to go to these critters or their nests; the sting risk isn’t worth it. Decide to get rid of carpenter bees professionally instead.
What Damages Can Carpenter Bees Cause In Western Massachusetts?
Carpenter bees leave voids in wood that are one inch wide or more. They’ll also create wide tunnels, and the passageways will be visible.
What Is The Best Treatment For Carpenter Bees?
Commercial carpenter bee treatments and “do it yourself” items necessitate recurring purchases because single products aren’t strong enough for infestations.
These goods can be noxious too. Alternatively, perform these tasks:
- Paint unfinished wood; weathered sills and decks need a fresh coat
- Varnish sun and rain exposed wood
- Patch up crevices in rooflines and foundations
- Close cavities from previous swarms
- Lessen standing water
- Repair moisture complications
- Use lawn metal flashing
- Mow grass and trim greenery regularly Place plants away from the property.
You can't find the safe carpenter bee removal applications and tools at American Pest Solutions in stores. A certified entomologist designed our remediation plans for eaves, overhangs, and more; it’s top-notch pest control. Call today for a free evaluation for carpenter bee treatment and get started on our effective home pest control services.
- Recent Blog Posts
- August 03, 2022 - How To Keep Earwigs In Western Massachusetts Out Of Your Home
- August 01, 2022 - Pack Rats In Massachusetts: Know The Signs
- July 30, 2022 - What To Do If You've Been Bitten By A Centipede In Hartford
- Ants - (17)
- Bed Bugs - (50)
- Birds - (5)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (5)
- Carpet Beetles - (9)
- Clover Mites - (6)
- Cockroaches - (19)
- tick control in hartford - (1)
- squirrel removal assistance - (1)
- common hartford ticks - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- millipede information - (1)
- new england - (1)
- house mouse - (1)
- centipedes and millipedes in western mass - (1)
- termites in western ma - (1)
- free mosquito evaluation - (1)
- View All Tags