When Do I Call A Professional For Termite Control | Here Are Some Tips
August 22, 2018
The idea of a termite infestation should strike terror in the hearts of homeowners. By the time a termite infestation is detected, more often than not, the damage has already been done. Therefore, it is important for homeowners to be able to recognize the signs of termites and work with a professional to prevent an infestation in the first place.
What Homeowners Should Know About Termite Damage
The most important thing to understand is that termite damage is almost never covered by homeowner’s insurance, meaning you’ll have to pay the costs of these damages out of pocket! Not only will termites damage any wood they encounter, including your subflooring, cabinets, and walls, but a large infestation can also destroy the entire wood framework of your home, making your home uninhabitable. Obviously, this type of damage can be costly. Termites are found throughout almost the entire country, including the northeast, and no home is immune to an infestation. The biggest problem with termites is that they are homeowners oftentimes don’t notice that termites have invaded their home until the colony has grown extremely large and the damage has become excessive.
Warning Signs of Termites
There are some telltale signs of termites that every homeowner should watch for:
- Swarming insects around the property or inside the home
- Discarded insect wings on windowsills or in other areas
- Mud tubes around the foundation and exterior walls of the home or in the attic or basement
- Piles of sawdust-like frass around in and around the home
- Termite noises in the walls or floor
- Wood inside the home that sounds hollow when knocked on
Professional Treatment Plans for Termites
At American Pest Solutions, we always recommend that homeowners keep their property well maintained. By keeping the grass cut short, the shrubbery trimmed, yard debris raked up and removed, standing water on your property drained, trash covered, and your home sealed, you can deter problems with a lot of pests, including termites. However, termites are extremely difficult to prevent with DIY methods so taking precautions against these pests is always recommended.
American Pest Solutions uses the Advance® Termite Bait System to eliminate current termite problems. As the termites pass through these bait stations, they ingest the bait and then carry the bait residue back to the colony that the other termites, including the queens, will encounter, effectively eliminating the entire colony. We also use a liquid treatment system to sets up a perimeter around your home. Again, as the termites pass through, they will carry the termiticide back to the colony resulting in the elimination of the termites. The professionals at American Pest Solutions are unparalleled when it comes to termite control! By partnering with us, you can rest assured that your termite problems will be resolved and that any future termite infestations will be prevented. Contact us at American Pest Solutions to learn more about our termite control options or to get started today!
- Recent Blog Posts
- September 19, 2019 - What Time Of Year Are Bed Bugs Most Active In Springfield?
- September 17, 2019 - When Does Tick Season End In Hartford Connecticut?
- September 12, 2019 - Planning A September Wedding? Don't Forget Mosquito Control!
- Ants - (12)
- Bed Bugs - (34)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (2)
- Carpenter Bees - (2)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (3)
- Cockroaches - (9)
- prevention tips for pavement ants - (1)
- norway rat prevention tip - (1)
- zika virus - (1)
- carpenter ant solutions - (1)
- carpenter ant control - (1)
- fall in new england - (1)
- carpenter bee control and solutions - (1)
- dangers and damages caused by norway rats - (1)
- termite control in ma and ct - (1)
- paper wasp facts - (1)
- View All Tags