Top House Spider Prevention Tips
May 23, 2017
One of the most common pests in homes across Connecticut and Massachusetts is the spider. And let’s face it; spiders, whether they are dangerous or not, are not welcomed guests in our homes. There are many reasons why we hate them - some of them are fast, creepy, long-legged, and furry; and some of them can even jump! Plus, they create unsightly webs or nests around homes, outbuildings, and yards. It’s time to eliminate spiders from your home and keep them from coming back!
Spiders become most active in the spring as they come out of hiding after the cold winter. The spiders that you will typically find are mostly harmless, but oh so annoying. The house spider is the most common species that you will encounter, but for the most part, you really don’t want them living in your house with you, creeping and crawling and creating unsightly webs all over your home.
So, if you want to prevent spiders from getting into your attics, basements, closets, or under your porch and elsewhere around your property, here is what you can do to try to prevent them:
- Get rid of all entry points.
- Caulk around windows and doors.
- Seal exterior cracks and crevices.
- Use door sweeps on all exterior doors.
- Repair or replace broken screens and vents.
- Repair leaks in pipes and fixtures.
- Keep rooms tidy, including closets, basements, attics, and crawl spaces.
- Keep bushes, trees, and debris away from the foundation.
- Inspect wood, boxes, and other packages for spiders, egg sacs, and other pests before bringing them in from outside.
Let’s face it, we don’t want spiders crawling on us in our sleep, scurrying across a table while we are entertaining; or, worse yet, dangling from the ceiling into our hair. And there is nothing worse than those thick, nasty webs that stick to us when we walk through them. But, these spider prevention tips can be tedious and time-consuming, and they won’t eliminate your current infestation and give you protection all year long. So what should you do to keep spiders away from your home?
The #1 prevention tip for controlling the spider population in your home is to call a pest control company like American Pest Solutions here in Connecticut and Massachusetts. When you call, one of our highly trained pest professionals can walk you through the steps, give you more information, and offer you effective solutions for your pest pressures. You may also decide to sign up for our year-round pest control services to keep pests from your home all year long! Our professional exterminators will use their knowledge and experience to inspect your home for spiders and other pests and eliminate any infestations. We offer spider protection residentially and commercially. Give us a call today, and we will help you with spiders or any other pest problems you are experiencing.
- Recent Blog Posts
- December 06, 2019 - Winter Pest Prevention Tips for Springfield Residents
- November 27, 2019 - Rodent Repellent Methods for Springfield Homes
- November 20, 2019 - The Little Bug Creating A Big Stink in Hartford
- Ants - (12)
- Bed Bugs - (34)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (2)
- Carpenter Bees - (2)
- Carpet Beetles - (3)
- Clover Mites - (3)
- Cockroaches - (9)
- mosquito control in springfield - (1)
- dangers and damages caused by birds - (1)
- spiders in your hartford home - (1)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- employment opportunities - (1)
- tick control and prevention in ma - (1)
- free pest bird evaluation - (1)
- home pest control in springfield - (1)
- pest control professionals - (1)
- bed bug control options - (1)
- View All Tags