The Problem With House Ants In Western Massachusetts
March 15, 2023
Do you ever wish that your home had more ants? Most people do not wish for this. Why? Because ants are one of the most annoying household guests out there. They show no fear when crawling over countertops, are happy to steal food from wherever they can find it, and sometimes cause other more serious issues indoors. We are going to talk about the ants in Western Massachusetts today and share why they are a problem. If you need direct help with an active infestation, you have options. Contact American Pest Solutions if you need direct information about pest control in Western Massachusetts to remove ants from your home.
Why Are Ants Coming Into My Home?
If you walked down the street and saw a sign that said “free tacos” at a local restaurant, would you go in? If you like tacos, you would. This same thing is true for ants. They know your home has food and that it is free if they can get their tiny legs on it. The question is, how do ants know your home has food? They send scouts indoors. These scouts are always on the lookout for crumbs, leftovers, and other tasty treats. If they find something, they will then leave a pheromone trail back to their colony. This invisible trail works as a pathway for other workers to come indoors. Unless you address the root of the problem, the nest, these pests will continue to invade your home, even when there is no food to be found.
Ants In The Home Can Create Many Problems
Before we talk about ant control in Western Massachusetts, you should take a moment to learn more about the problems these pests cause. Now, most local species are not dangerous or destructive. They simply like to invade homes and steal food. As annoying as this is, this behavior will not leave you sick or staring at holes in your walls. Pharaoh ants are one of the two local species you should be worried about. These pests spread two harmful bacteria that cause salmonellosis and staphylococcus. The other problematic ant is the carpenter ant. This pest works with its friends to chew nests into the structural wood of buildings. As you can imagine, this can lead to some serious wood damage inside your home.
Five Natural Ways To Keep Ants Away From Your Property
If you have time on your hands and want some simple options to deter ants from your home, we recommend utilizing some ant prevention tips. Here are five natural deterrents to keep these pests at bay.
- Seal up gaps, cracks, and other openings in your home’s exterior foundation.
- Address damage to windows/doors and make sure they are properly sealed.
- Thoroughly clean up after every meal, and do not leave dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink.
- Wipe up spills as they occur.
- Invest in pest-proof lids for your home’s trash cans.
If you want total coverage for ants and other common pests, consider investing in a pest control plan through American Pest Solutions.
Benefits Of A Year-Round Pest Control Plan
When it comes to home ant pest control, you will have a hard time finding a company more committed to your needs than American Pest Solutions. We are a dedicated local provider that offers unmatched customer support and advanced treatments. All you have to do is let us know you are interested in home pest control for ants.
Call now to schedule an effective ant control treatment for your Western Massachusetts home.
- Recent Blog Posts
- November 19, 2023 - Keep Pigeons At Bay: Expert Strategies For Effective Pigeon Control In Western Massachusetts
- November 17, 2023 - Effective Strategies For Squirrel Control: Tips For A Squirrel-Free Western Massachusetts Property
- November 16, 2023 - Conquering Pantry Pests: Tips And Techniques For A Bug-Free Kitchen In Hartford
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (60)
- Birds - (9)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (27)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- property inspection - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- moisture problems - (1)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- bed bug myths - (1)
- zika virus - (1)
- View All Tags