The Key To Keeping Your Western Massachusetts Home Free Of Bed Bugs
March 10, 2022
In: Bed Bugs
Pests are a concern for several reasons. Chief among them is how they bother you with stings, bites, and scratches. Another main issue is how they can disperse germs and illnesses. Last but not least, critters can ruin property. All of this applies to bed bugs.
The blood of humans and animals is what bed bugs need to survive. When they nibble on you, it creates red and itchy bumps. Given how swiftly these insects procreate, having bed bug control is imperative. Further, their many hiding places vary. You have to know what causes bed bugs to get ahead of them. You also have to understand their risks and how to check for bed bugs. Find out how to get rid of bed bugs and what American Pest Solutions can do to help in Western Massachusetts.
Do Bed Bugs In My Western Massachusetts Home Mean It's Dirty?
Many myths surround what causes bed bugs, including that dirt appeals to them. It doesn’t. Once more, being able to access blood is their prime objective.
Bed bugs are reddish-brown and 0.25 of an inch long. Their rounded bodies feature two antennas, six legs, and a head that’s smaller than the back end. Only their midsection has an irregular shape. The eggs they drop are pearly white, while the young are translucent.
Do Bed Bugs In Western Massachusetts Travel On Clothes?
As you might imagine, bed bugs are common in animal habitats and public places. That’s where the fluid they desire is. Farms, bus stations, schools, hotels, offices, and airports are examples of the locations they usually penetrate. Attaching onto clothes and crawling into bags is how bed bugs travel and get into your home. From there, they will assemble in:
- Wood Trim
You have a bed bug infestation on your hands if you start to have bites on your skin consistently, smell persistent odors, or see stains in various spots. Welts can be anywhere on your body and in clusters. It will look patchy, akin to a rash. Concerning scents, bed bug populations are musty. Blood and reddish-brown blots will be on fabrics and surfaces. Also, expect fecal marks and particles that are brown or black.
What Are Some Bed Bug Control Tips For My Western Massachusetts Home?
Commercial goods and natural pest control for bed bugs are problematic and shouldn’t be used. First, they’re expensive. Second, they can be noxious. Third, they aren’t fit for an infestation. Factoring in how bed bugs travel, eradicating “at home” remedies isn’t practical. You have to kill each egg, nymph, and adult critter. Taking these steps is how to get rid of bed bugs independently:
- Make sure your personal effects aren’t on the floor or ground or near other folks’ belongings.
- Let hotel staff know you’ve seen bed bugs. Request a new room that’s far away.
- Place your luggage in protective covers and plastic bags.
- Use hot water and high heat for at least 20 minutes to cleanse and dry your travel clothes.
- Regularly examine head and footboards, mattresses, and box springs with a flashlight.
- Inspect furniture, drawer interiors, bags and purses, and clothing piles often.
- Check second-hand items for signs of infestation.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Western Massachusetts Home Fast!
Natural pest control for bed bugs and retail insecticides isn’t worth the frustration, money, and hazard. The experts at American Pest Solutions will demonstrate how to check for bed bugs and then perform the treatment. We have K-9 inspections, advanced chemical applications that are safe, and more. Call us today for bed bug control!
- Recent Blog Posts
- June 20, 2022 - Are The Carpet Beetles In Western Massachusetts Causing You Trouble?
- June 17, 2022 - Stay Ahead Of The Bed Bug Infestation Brewing In Western Massachusetts
- June 10, 2022 - How To Keep Pesky Crickets Away From Your Western Massachusetts Home
- Ants - (17)
- Bed Bugs - (50)
- Birds - (5)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (5)
- Carpet Beetles - (9)
- Clover Mites - (6)
- Cockroaches - (18)
- millipede information - (1)
- rodents on hartford - (1)
- skunk identification - (1)
- house mouse - (1)
- centipedes and millipedes in western mass - (1)
- carpenter bee facts - (1)
- Rats - (1)
- earwig information - (1)
- wasp control - (1)
- bed bugs in ct - (1)
- View All Tags