How To Keep Crickets Out Of Your Western Massachusetts Home
July 19, 2023
Often misidentified as grasshoppers, crickets are insects equipped with long, thin, and powerful legs that they use for jumping. Many different types of crickets are found throughout the world and several types exist here in Western Massachusetts. Crickets typically remain hidden during the day and emerge after dark, during which time they might capitalize on opportunities to infiltrate a home.
How can I quickly get rid of crickets in my Western Massachusetts home? For these undesirable pests, local homeowners should consider seeking assistance from a properly trained pest control professional. An established Western Massachusetts pest control company maintains a qualified staff that knows the best ways of expelling crickets and how to keep crickets away from the premises.
Characteristics Of Common Crickets
What are the different types of crickets that homeowners might encounter in this region? The primary cricket species found here in Western Massachusetts include house cricket, field cricket, and camel cricket.
House crickets have bodies that measure roughly ¾ of an inch long and are equipped with wings. They usually appear in shades of yellow or brown and have a set of three dark-colored stripes.
Field crickets also have wings and a body that often exceeds one inch long. They typically appear in darker colors such as brown or black. Camel crickets have brownish bodies and range in size from ½ of an inch to nearly 1 ½ inches long. Camel crickets are wingless; yet, they have large, strong rear legs.
The Damage And Disruptions Crickets Can Cause In Your Home
Primarily seen as a nuisance pest, crickets pose very minimal risks to human health. Despite having mouthparts used for chewing, most crickets lack the strength needed for piercing human skin.
Do crickets have stingers? Crickets are not equipped with stingers.
When indoors, crickets may create some minor to moderate property damage. For example, they will feed on materials including upholstery, clothing, and indoor plants.
Simple Tips To Prevent Crickets In Your Home
How do you get rid of crickets in your house? Homeowners in Western Massachusetts should consider the following strategies to prevent crickets:
- Remove unnecessary clutter and debris from the areas around the structure such as firewood, piles or leaves, or overgrown vegetation.
- Limit the use of bright outdoor lights, as they may attract crickets.
- Look around the exterior of the structure near the foundation for any openings and fill them with sealant.
- Crickets prefer moist environments; thus, fix leaky spigots, or hoses, and keep gutters and downspouts clean.
- It’s always a smart idea to seal cracks and crevices around your home’s foundation and fill gaps around all windows and doors.
The aforementioned preventative measures are commonly effective; yet, those with significant, existing problems with crickets should consult with a local pest management professional.
Contact The Pros To Get Rid Of Crickets Fast!
Are you looking for answers regarding how to repel crickets? American Pest Solutions will safely and effectively help eliminate these creatures from your property.
Our organization is a truly full-service provider of pest control solutions and is led by a Board-Certified Entomologist that remains active in the Entomological Society of America. Entomology is a subcategory in the realm of zoology that specifically studies insects. With such expertise, our team is well-equipped to assist property owners in Western Massachusetts with problems involving ants, termites, wasps, and many other types of unwanted pests.
We also ensure that our technicians have access to the latest products that emerge within the pest control industry. To find out more about our comprehensive residential and commercial pest control services in Western Massachusetts, contact our office today.
- Recent Blog Posts
- September 24, 2023 - How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 14, 2023 - Stink Bug Solutions: Essential Steps To Keep Stink Bugs Away From Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 09, 2023 - Keeping Crickets At Bay: Effective Prevention Techniques For Your Western Massachusetts Home
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (58)
- Birds - (8)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (26)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- moisture problems - (1)
- bed bug myths - (1)
- flea and tick prevention - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- signs of cockroaches - (1)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- View All Tags