How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Western Massachusetts Home
September 24, 2023
Flicking on the bathroom light at night and seeing a cockroach scurrying away can make it tough to get back to sleep. Worse yet is finding out that there are likely many more hiding throughout the house. If cockroaches have found a way into your home, don’t worry, we are here to help you find the best way to get them out.
This blog will help you determine if cockroaches are the pests currently in your home by detailing how to identify them and reviewing the signs they leave around. We’ll also explain the health hazards when roaches infiltrate your house and the best way to remove and keep them out. Learn more about effective pest control in Western Massachusetts with the experts at American Pest Solutions.
Understanding The Cockroach Problem: Identifying The Culprits
Cockroach identification can be challenging because they are nocturnal, adept at hiding, and avoid contact with people. The most common species we find in local homes is the German cockroach. The following signs will help you confirm that cockroaches are the culprits:
Seeing an actual roach: German cockroaches are around 1/2 an inch long, light brown to tan, and have two dark, almost parallel stripes on their backs.
- Location: They are usually in warm, humid areas near food and water sources, like the kitchen or bathroom.
- Droppings: You might find droppings on counters or inside drawers that resemble black pepper.
- Odor: With a significant infestation, you might notice a strong, musty smell in the house.
If you suspect these pests are in your home or need assistance identifying the problem, the pros at American Pest Solutions are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to get your evaluation.
Health Hazards Of Cockroaches: Protecting Your Family
Cockroaches are filthy pests that can endanger the health and well-being of your family. These insects travel through unsanitary areas like sewers and decaying matter, picking up pathogens on their bodies and spiny legs. When they enter your home, they can contaminate anything they touch, including food and cooking surfaces.
Cockroach droppings, urine, and saliva can also cause allergy symptoms in many people and asthma attacks, especially in children and people with preexisting respiratory problems. If you suspect a German cockroach infestation, contact us today at American Pest Solutions for help getting rid of these pests and protecting your family.
Cockroach Extermination: When To Call Professional Help
German cockroaches are one of the most challenging species of pest to eliminate. If you think these pests are in your house, it is time to take action and seek professional help. American Pest Solutions offers German cockroach extermination services to help you quickly eliminate these risky insects from your home.
Maintenance Tips: Ensuring Long-Term Cockroach Control
Once we evict the current infestation, it is time to learn how to keep cockroaches out of your house for good. Here are some pro tips to ensure roaches stay out:
- Keep the kitchen tidy, clean up spills and crumbs, and avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
- Frequently vacuum any areas where people eat.
- Don’t leave food sitting out in the open, including pet food.
- Seal up potential entryways around utility pipes and cracks or crevices in the foundation and siding.
- Ensure your basement has adequate ventilation, or install a dehumidifier.
The pros at American Pest Solutions can help you eliminate these pests and provide additional tips for keeping them out. Contact us today to learn more about our home pest control services or to get your evaluation.
- Recent Blog Posts
- November 19, 2023 - Keep Pigeons At Bay: Expert Strategies For Effective Pigeon Control In Western Massachusetts
- November 17, 2023 - Effective Strategies For Squirrel Control: Tips For A Squirrel-Free Western Massachusetts Property
- November 16, 2023 - Conquering Pantry Pests: Tips And Techniques For A Bug-Free Kitchen In Hartford
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (60)
- Birds - (9)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (27)
- cockroaches in greenfield - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- property inspection - (1)
- moisture problems - (1)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- zika virus - (1)
- View All Tags