Help! There Are Ants All Over My Western Massachusetts Home
February 5, 2023
Their constant presence and tiny size may make you think ants are harmless, but that is not the case. These pests are dangerous in many ways. They are known to damage properties and carry illness-causing pathogens. That is why you must call Western Massachusetts pest control experts for ant prevention tips and control immediately if you notice ant infestation in your homes.
If you are looking for ant control near you, don't look further than American Pest Solutions Inc. We offer the best pest control services for Western Massachusetts homeowners. In this guide, you will learn how dangerous ants are, what you can do to remove them, and why you need the services of ant control experts.
The Role Ants Play In Our Ecosystem
Ants are found everywhere. They are among the most abundant pests globally, with an estimated population of about one quadrillion. Their destructive tendency aside, these tiny creatures play roles in the ecosystem, some of which include:
- Cleaning the environment: Ants feed on organic materials, including dead animals, insects, plants, and other organic waste. When they do so, they help clean the environment. Additionally, ants build their nests in diseased or dead wood, accelerating the timber decomposition process and cleaning the environment.
- Ants are eaten, and they also eat: Ants feed on other insects, as well as their eggs. This way, they can help control the infestation of other insects. Conversely, ants are also food for other insects, plants, and animals. For example, woodpeckers and insectivorous plants feed on ants.
- Ants are hard workers: Ants dig tunnels and galleries that help with soil aeration and increase the soil water content. Ants can till large swathes of land, bringing particles and pebbles to the surface. Soil aeration and increased soil water content help with plants' growth.
Though some of the above ant roles seem to be beneficial, they are destructive to a large extent. That is why you must not welcome ants in your home.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Ants In My House?
Ants are notorious for showing up almost everywhere. They pose safety and health concerns. Ants are dangerous to you and your loved ones. They can spread bacteria and cause severe allergic reactions, especially in people with asthma. They can also destroy structures and damage your crops. Bites and stings by harvesters and fire ants are severe and may require medical attention. Ants can also attack your pets; if the attack is severe, you may need to seek veterinary attention. That is why you need both indoor and outdoor ant control.
What Should I Do To Remove The Ants Around My House?
When you see some ants in your home, there likely are more of them. Ants come to your home to look for food and shelter. So the best way to remove ants from your home is to deny them these luxuries. Take the following steps to remove ants from your home and prevent re-infestation.
- Trim back trees, shrubs, and bushes brushing against your roof or siding.
- Keep about a six-inch space between your siding's bottom row and the soil.
- Don't stack firewood close to your house.
- Seal all your cooking materials.
- Rake your lawn to remove all loose organic materials.
- Do not leave any food items, including pet foods, on the floors.
- Seal your compost bins tightly.
- Use organic ant control for your home.
The above ant control solutions will reduce the ant population in your home but cannot eliminate them. You need professional home pest control in your yard to eliminate these annoying insects.
How Can I Get Rid Of Ants Permanently?
Ants don't come solo but in colonies. So, whichever DIY method you use to exterminate them will not work. The only way to eliminate ants permanently is to call American Pest Solutions Inc., the best pest control company for ants. We use human and environmentally friendly techniques to kill ants even in difficult-to-reach areas. Call us today for ant control in your Western Massachusetts home.
For Immediate Assistance Call (888) 324-7025
- Recent Blog Posts
- March 30, 2023 - The Best Way To Handle A Carpet Beetle Infestation In Western Massachusetts
- March 25, 2023 - Can Professional Pest Control Help Get Rid Of Fleas In Western Massachusetts?
- March 20, 2023 - Pest Spotlight: How To Handle Termites In Hartford
- Ants - (21)
- Bed Bugs - (54)
- Birds - (7)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (23)
- property inspection - (1)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- moisture problems - (1)
- zika virus - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- spring pest prevention - (1)
- View All Tags