Are You Struggling To Repel Spiders In Western Massachusetts?
September 16, 2022
Spiders have an uncanny knack for bringing out the scaredy-cat in almost anyone who encounters them. And there’s good reason to be afraid. Their appearance alone with multiple pairs of bulging eyes, eight legs, and swift movements is enough to send shivers down your spine.
But at American Pest Solutions, we believe that spiders should be more afraid of our experienced technicians who deliver the most powerful pest control in Western Massachusetts. Read further about the various methods to prevent spiders from sneakily creeping into your house and the best way to prevent them from returning.
The Types Of Spiders That Live In Western Massachusetts?
Massachusetts is home to only a handful of spider species out of the thousands found across North America. And the best part is that almost all of them are harmless. Let’s take a look at five of the most common spiders you may encounter in or around your Western Massachusetts home:
- Fishing spider
- Jumping spider
- House spider
- Grass spider
This part of the region also hosts the dangerous northern black widow spider, which is currently the only venomous spider in Massachusetts. Fortunately, this spider will only bite if threatened. Contact professional pest management near you if you have noticed an uptick in spider activity on your property.
House Spiders Are Rarely Dangerous
If you have a phobia of spiders, like so many other people, you can take solace in knowing that most common house spiders are harmless to humans. Contrary to popular belief and pop culture, the spiders you’re likely to encounter in your home are not thirsty for human blood, nor do they intend to bite anything larger than what they can consume. Spiders have more reason to fear humans than the other way around. Even though many of these spiders possess venom glands, their toxin rarely causes a serious reaction if you were to get bitten.
Natural Ways To Repel Spiders In Western Massachusetts
Undoubtedly, prevention is the surefire way to avoid dealing with a spider problem on your property. Making your home unattractive to arachnids will ensure that they stay away consistently. Follow these easy steps to prevent these eight-legged creatures from making a pit stop at your place:
- Turn your porch lights off at night to deter spiders.
- Use cedar in the interior of your home, like closet chests, hangers, and mulch.
- Seal the cracks and crevices in your home’s foundation using foam, caulk, or other exclusionary substances.
- Maintain a clean house as spiders love dusty areas for egg-laying.
- Make an oil blend with lavender and eucalyptus and combine it with water and alcohol to create a spray where spiders invade, like beneath doors and around windows.
These steps will help you drastically reduce the chances of new spiders intruding into your home. Contact your local pest control to take care of the ones already inside; American Pest Solutions can conduct a thorough inspection to treat your home and effectively get rid of spiders.
Total Spider Control For Your Home Or Business
There is no mystery about the best way to prevent spiders in your home. Partnering with qualified pest control specialists is the optimal choice to protect your property from many insects, including different kinds of spiders. Professionals will educate you and guide your particular situation.
At American Pest Solutions, we have been in the exterminating business for many decades and know a thing or two about eradicating all spiders from our residents’ homes and businesses. We possess the knowledge, products, and best practices to deliver exceptional results that will guarantee your satisfaction. Contact us today to schedule your free evaluation.
- Recent Blog Posts
- October 03, 2022 - What Every Western Massachusetts Resident Should Know About Bed Bugs
- October 01, 2022 - You Should Invest In Pest Control For Western Massachusetts Offices
- September 25, 2022 - The Trick To Keeping Carpenter Bees Off Your Hartford Property
- Ants - (18)
- Bed Bugs - (51)
- Birds - (5)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (9)
- Clover Mites - (6)
- Cockroaches - (20)
- termites in western ma - (1)
- bed bugs in ct - (1)
- indian meal moth eradication - (1)
- birds are harmful and destructive - (1)
- raccoons in hartford - (1)
- signs of powder post beetles - (1)
- tick control in hartford - (1)
- preventing carpet beetles - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- squirrel removal assistance - (1)
- View All Tags