Are Clover Mites In Western Massachusetts Dangerous?
July 13, 2021
In: Clover Mites
While there are many pests in Western Massachusetts that you can probably recognize immediately, such as spiders and ants, there are other common pest species you might not have even heard of before. Clover mites are one such pest.
They are sometimes just referred to as a tiny red bug, but they're actually a kind of arachnid making them more closely related to spiders. Luckily, they don’t bite, and they are mostly just harmless nuisance pests.
These small creatures are only about the size of a pinhead and reddish-orange to reddish-brown color. While they are almost impossible to notice on their own, they usually are seen together in large groupings, and you might notice them crawling around siding, furniture, or other areas of your home or business.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about spider mites including how to prevent them.
Do Clover Mites Cause Property Damage?
While these tiny arachnids are mostly harmless, they can cause some amount of property damage as they leave behind red stains. Since they invade buildings in large numbers, they can leave these red marks around carpets and furniture, or anything else made of fabric.
It can also feel overwhelming to get rid of them when they start coming inside of your home or business because they move together in such large groups.
The main reason that they come inside is in search of warmth, but they luckily can’t survive indoors for very long. Once inside, they only live for a few days because they can’t reproduce in dry conditions. However, in these few days, they can quite a mess and ruin a surprising amount of your property.
Some Simple Clover Mite Prevention Tips
The best way to keep fabric and upholstered furniture from damage caused by clover mites is to try and prevent them in the first place. Overall, it is really difficult to remove access points for these pests because they are so extremely tiny. While you can try to fix broken screens and fill up holes in exterior walls, these prevention methods will help keep out many other pests, but they don’t work so well on clover mites.
Instead, you can focus on trying to make your property less hospitable for them by following these steps:
- Clean your gutters on a regular basis because moisture along the exterior of your home can draw in clover mites.
- Since clover mites need moisture and feed on plants, you can help prevent them by regularly trimming vegetation around your home and making sure your exterior has good airflow.
- Keep your yard cleaned of organic debris such as dead leaves and grass clippings.
- Remove standing water from around the property.
Get The Best In Clover Mite Control
If you’re regularly dealing with clover mites and are tired of cleaning up the stains they leave behind, the best way to remove them is with help from American Pest Solutions.
Our expert team can provide prevention and control for clover mites as well as for other more harmful pests in the area. We offer both residential and commercial pest control plans that are affordable and reliable. Reach out today to learn more and schedule an inspection.
- Recent Blog Posts
- July 29, 2021 - The Trick To Getting Rid Of Carpet Beetles In Hartford, CT Homes
- July 27, 2021 - How To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Western Massachusetts Home
- July 21, 2021 - Western Massachusetts' Complete Guide To Effective Rat Control
- Ants - (16)
- Bed Bugs - (44)
- Birds - (4)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (4)
- Carpet Beetles - (6)
- Clover Mites - (5)
- Cockroaches - (16)
- green pest solutions - (1)
- rodent control specialists - (1)
- Rats - (1)
- damages caused by clover mites - (1)
- hartford meal moths - (1)
- join our team - (1)
- rat control - (1)
- massachusetts ants - (1)
- carpenter bee facts - (1)
- dangers and damages caused by birds - (1)
- View All Tags