A Handy Homeowners' Guide To Ant Control In Hartford
August 17, 2023
Although ants are small, they can become a significant nuisance in your home when you ignore them. These plentiful insects are always looking for new sources of food and water. If they find them in your home, they may never leave.
For the best ant control in Hartford, count on American Pest Solutions. We understand each of the different types of ants in this area, and our Hartford pest control experts are ready to begin working on your problem immediately.
What Are Some Common Types Of Ants In Hartford?
As you might guess, the Hartford area has several different types of ants that could invade your home or outbuildings. Some of the ants you may see include the following:
- Carpenter ants are up to half an inch in length and often are black. They chew wood to create nests, causing significant damage.
- House ants are tiny insects up to ⅛ of an inch in length that have a noticeable odor.
- Pavement ants are up to ⅛ of an inch in length and often nest near paved areas.
- Pharaoh ants are about 1/16 of an inch in length with a pale yellow color. They often carry bacteria that can make you sick.
Identifying the ants that you have inside your home is important because that’s how our pest control experts know which control techniques work best. If you are unsure which types of ants you are seeing, reach out to our team, and we can help.
The Many Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Home
Because ants are so common in the Hartford area, some people choose to ignore them. Some homeowners may think tiny ants are impossible to control and eliminate. However, this can be a dangerous way to think. Ants can cause quite a few problems in your home once they gain a foothold, including:
- Causing structural damage to your home and to any outbuildings you have
- Spreading bacteria that they carry anywhere they walk in your home
- Infesting your food sources
- Setting up nests, causing the ant population to increase
- Becoming a significant annoyance by making your home appear dirty
Don’t put up with ants inside your house because you think you have no choice. Let our team evaluate your problem and provide advice on the best solution.
Practical Ant Prevention Tips For Your Home
The best way to prevent an ant infestation is to stop it from happening in the first place. You can take a number of steps to prevent ants from finding your home as a hospitable environment. One of the best steps is to make sure you don’t have stray food around. Keep food in tightly sealed containers and clean up any spills on countertops as quickly as possible. Don’t leave pet food on the floor all day either, especially moist food, as this will attract ants. Keep any trash can lids tightly in place, so ants aren’t tempted to try to move inside them.
Contact Us To Completely Eliminate An Ant Infestation
Ants at a picnic can ruin a nice day. Ants inside your home can do far worse, including spoiling your food and finding their way into every crevice inside the house. When you want to get rid of ants in the house, calling in the professionals is your best option.
At American Pest Solutions, we specialize in ant control for homeowners. We can help with both indoor and outdoor ant control, depending on your particular problem and needs. We also can give you advice on how to keep ants away once we’ve performed our initial pest management techniques.
For a free evaluation of your ant problem, or for any pest problem, contact our experts today.
- Recent Blog Posts
- September 24, 2023 - How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 14, 2023 - Stink Bug Solutions: Essential Steps To Keep Stink Bugs Away From Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 09, 2023 - Keeping Crickets At Bay: Effective Prevention Techniques For Your Western Massachusetts Home
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (58)
- Birds - (8)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (26)
- moisture problems - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- zika virus - (1)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- bed bug myths - (1)
- flea and tick prevention - (1)
- signs of cockroaches - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- View All Tags