What Works & What Doesn't: Cockroach Control In Western Massachusetts
September 20, 2022
How often do you think about cockroaches? Probably not that often. These pests are better forgotten--when they can be. When they can’t be forgotten, they are usually causing problems for homeowners. If you are here today because of a cockroach problem and are looking for some do’s and don’t of cockroach control, we have some things to share with you. If you would rather skip right to professional help, call our team at American Pest Solutions. One of our friendly representatives will walk you through our pest control options and find one that fits your needs. To learn about the cockroaches in Western Massachusetts, keep reading.
You May Be Accidentally Attracting Roaches
If your home doesn’t currently have a cockroach problem, it doesn’t mean you won’t have one in the future. There are many things that might invite these pests into your home. The first thing is moisture. Cockroaches love moisture. If the weather gets hot and dry, these pests will look for damp areas to hide in, like basements, crawlspaces, and kitchens. Different kinds of cockroaches might also invade homes to find food. A cockroach will eat anything from freshly baked bread, to trash, to another animal's fecal matter. They aren’t picky.
Tips To Get Rid Of The Roaches In Your Home
To keep cockroaches out of your Western Massachusetts home, you need some preventative measures in place. To help you with this today, here are nine tips we recommend:
- Examine your home’s exterior foundation for cracks, gaps, and holes. Seal these potential entry points using a caulking gun and some silicone caulk.
- Make sure all of your window/door screens are in good working condition.
- Install door sweeps under exterior doors.
- Repair and replace damaged weather stripping around your home.
- Keep unscreened doors and windows closed when they are not being used.
- Clean your home regularly and keep up with chores like dishes, wiping down countertops, and taking out the trash.
- Make sure your trash bins have tight-fitting lids.
- Address moisture problems around your home like leaks, high humidity, and water build-up.
- Reduce clutter where you can.
Although prevention tips are helpful, they are not a perfect solution to keep cockroaches out. If you want a guaranteed option to prevent roaches, you need a professional control plan courtesy of American Pest Solutions.
What Doesn't Work When Trying To Get Rid Of Roaches
If you are trying to remove a cockroach infestation from your home, there are some things you should know. First, cockroaches are resistant to many conventional pest control products. Most companies use powerful treatments to eliminate these pests. These treatments can be used improperly and can make humans and pets sick if ingested. Other options that you should not try, as they are ineffective, include smell-based deterrents, roach traps, and low-quality bait stations. Your best option to address an infestation inside your home is to hire the experts at American Pest Solutions.
Consult Professionals To Get Rid Of Roaches In Western Massachusetts
Cockroaches are among the most difficult pests in Western Massachusetts. If you suspect your home has an active infestation or you are trying to keep these bugs out, year-round, let our team at American Pest Solutions help you out. We are an experienced and qualified local pest control company with a passion for high-quality treatments and friendly customer service. We would love to assist you with any invasive and potentially dangerous pests that are causing trouble on your property.
Call today to learn more about pest control in Western Massachusetts and find a solution to your home’s cockroach problems.
- Recent Blog Posts
- October 03, 2022 - What Every Western Massachusetts Resident Should Know About Bed Bugs
- October 01, 2022 - You Should Invest In Pest Control For Western Massachusetts Offices
- September 25, 2022 - The Trick To Keeping Carpenter Bees Off Your Hartford Property
- Ants - (18)
- Bed Bugs - (51)
- Birds - (5)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (9)
- Clover Mites - (6)
- Cockroaches - (20)
- termites in western ma - (1)
- bed bugs in ct - (1)
- millipede information - (1)
- birds are harmful and destructive - (1)
- signs of powder post beetles - (1)
- tick control in hartford - (1)
- house mouse - (1)
- centipedes and millipedes in western mass - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- indian meal moth eradication - (1)
- View All Tags