What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Western Massachusetts
March 10, 2023
In: Bed Bugs
A good night's sleep can become a distant memory once bed bugs invade your home. While these parasitic insects do not transmit dangerous diseases the way fleas might, they can still cause various problems like hives, secondary skin infections, and chronic sleep deprivation. If you think bed bugs might have taken over, it is time to learn about the early warning signs of bed bugs, understand why these pests are harmful to your health and find out how you can prevent bringing bed bugs into your home. If you are struggling with an infestation, American Pest Solutions provides pest control in Western Massachusetts to help you eliminate these biting insects completely.
Early Warning Signs Of Bed Bugs
When it comes to bed bugs, you have a better chance of treating them by recognizing these early signs of an infestation:
- Bug bites on exposed skin: Before seeing bed bugs and their eggs, you might notice bites on your body. They are usually red and spread out in a line or zigzag pattern. They might have a darker spot in the center.
- Live bed bugs: Bed bugs are small but big enough to see with the naked eye. They are about the size of an apple seed and are flat and dark brown. After a blood meal, they turn a reddish-brown color and swell up.
- Rust stains on bedding: Between leaving blood stains after feeding or being crushed to leaving traces of feces, you will likely find rust-colored, red, or brown spots on bedding.
If you see these early signs of bed bugs, it is time to understand why these parasites are dangerous to your health.
Are Bed Bugs In My House Harmful To My Health?
While bed bugs are not known to carry dangerous pathogens, they are still problematic. First, they are more active at night when you might be trying to rest, which could severely disrupt your sleep. Sleep deprivation can also lead to anxiety, insomnia, and more. Also, they inflict painful, itchy bites that could turn into hives, rashes, or even skin infections. And finally, some people are allergic to bed bug bites and could even go into anaphylactic shock. Bed bugs are not something you want in your home, and the first step to preventing an infestation is not accidentally bringing them into your home.
How To Prevent From Bringing Bed Bugs Into Your Home
Avoiding bringing bed bugs into your home can be tricky, but the following tips can help:
- Inspect used furniture: It is best to avoid bringing used mattresses into your home. If you must bring used furniture in, including couches and chairs, thoroughly inspect it first. When in doubt, bed bug control companies near you can help identify a possible infestation.
- Check for bed bugs in hotel rooms: If you stay in a bed bug-infested hotel, these biting insects will quickly hitch a ride into your suitcase or on your clothes. It is a good idea to wash all clothes and dry them at high temperatures after a trip.
- Clean your house often: Washing bedding and curtains regularly, drying them at high temperatures, and vacuuming rugs and carpets can help keep bed bugs away.
If your best efforts are not enough to control a bed bug problem, it is time to consider professional bed bug control techniques for your home.
The Trick To Completely Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs
The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to contact a professional pest control company. At American Pest Solutions, we proudly provide bed bug control in Western Massachusetts that you can rely on to keep your home free of biting insects and other invaders year-round. Contact us today to schedule a free home evaluation and determine your treatment options. Our team of licensed professionals has the tools needed to eradicate even the most challenging infestations.
Bed bugs are parasitic insects that reproduce quickly. Unfortunately, they are also challenging to exterminate using homemade treatments. Call us today if you are looking for local pest control for bed bugs. Thanks to our safe but highly effective solutions, your home will be free of bed bugs before you know it.
- Recent Blog Posts
- September 24, 2023 - How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 14, 2023 - Stink Bug Solutions: Essential Steps To Keep Stink Bugs Away From Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 09, 2023 - Keeping Crickets At Bay: Effective Prevention Techniques For Your Western Massachusetts Home
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (58)
- Birds - (8)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (26)
- zika virus - (1)
- cockroaches in greenfield - (1)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- property inspection - (1)
- moisture problems - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- View All Tags