The Trick To Keeping Carpenter Bees Off Your Hartford Property
September 25, 2022
In: Carpenter Bees
There are many types of stinging insects here in Hartford. Some are aggressive and will go out of their way to sting people who wander too close to their nests. Others are mostly harmless and won’t sting unless directly provoked. Today we will be talking about the carpenter bee, the problems this pest causes, and the likelihood of it stinging you. If you are noticing an influx of these pests on your property, give our team a call now. We will perform a detailed evaluation and remove these pests from where they are taking shelter. To learn more about the carpenter bees in Hartford, keep reading.
How Much Damage Can Carpenter Bees Cause?
Carpenter bees are not the most destructive insects in Hartford. That title goes to termites. What is the difference between carpenter bees and termites? Well, carpenter bees do not eat the wood they tunnel through. They bore holes into wood to create a nest for themselves and their young. If enough carpenter bees build homes into a single piece of wood, it loses its structural integrity. We are here to help you identify carpenter bees before they cause too much damage to the wood on your property.
Three Things Everyone Ought To Know About Carpenter Bees
Carpenter bees are not complicated creatures, but many people do not know much about these pests. To help you better understand these plump insects, here are three things you should know.
- Carpenter bees are one of the least aggressive types of bees. They do not live in large social nests and do not have a queen to protect. As long as you do not directly disturb their home or trap a carpenter bee against your body, you shouldn’t have to worry about a painful sting.
- Only female carpenter bees have stingers. But males will dive bomb anyone or anything that comes too close to the nest.
- During the winter carpenter bees hibernate inside their little homes. They then emerge in spring to feed on nectar.
Tips To Prevent Carpenter Bees
In order to keep the carpenter bees in Hartford off your property, you have to put some prevention tips in place. Here is how to stop carpenter bees from creating residencies around your yard.
- Check the condition of your home’s structural wood. If you find sun-damaged or otherwise worn patches, clean and paint them.
- Consider reducing the number of budding plants on your property. This will not just deter carpenter bees but many other stinging insects as well.
- Make sure all of your window/door screens, weatherstripping, and door sweeps are in good condition so that carpenter bees cannot get into your home.
- Repair or replace wood around your home that is water-damaged.
- Fill in holes around your home’s exterior. These holes might attract carpenter bees.
If you want to make sure carpenter bees stay off your property, year-round, you have to invest in a professional pest control provider. At American Pest Solutions, we go out of our way to control stinging insects. Here is what you can expect from our professionals.
When It Is Time To Call The Professionals About Carpenter Bees
When it comes to carpenter bee pest control, your best option is here at American Pest Solutions. We offer treatments to help homeowners find freedom and keep away a variety of harmful stinging insects. To get rid of carpenter bees professionally, let us know if you need help.
Call now to discuss our carpenter bee removal options and find a time to have your home and property serviced for stinging insects. Let us show you why so many homeowners trust us with their Hartford pest control needs.
- Recent Blog Posts
- December 05, 2022 - Don’t Bring Bed Bugs Into Your Western Massachusetts Home On Accident
- November 30, 2022 - Struggling To Get The Roaches Under Control In Western Massachusetts?
- November 25, 2022 - What Kinds Of Spiders Can Be Dangerous In Western Massachusetts?
- Ants - (19)
- Bed Bugs - (52)
- Birds - (6)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (9)
- Clover Mites - (6)
- Cockroaches - (21)
- hartford country pest birds - (1)
- millipede information - (1)
- tick control in hartford - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- house mouse - (1)
- centipedes and millipedes in western mass - (1)
- termites in western ma - (1)
- pest birds - (1)
- indian meal moth eradication - (1)
- mosquito control in ct - (1)
- View All Tags