The Best Way To Tackle A Cockroach Infestation In Western Massachusetts
August 19, 2023
If you took a poll about the insects that people dislike the most, cockroaches are probably going to be at the top of the list. Many people associate cockroaches with a sign of a dirty home. While these insects crave unsanitary conditions, what causes cockroaches much of the time is excess moisture in dark areas of the house.
To make things worse, they are challenging insects to control once they establish residence in your home. If you are ready to learn how to keep cockroaches away, the team at American Pest Solutions is ready to help. Our Western Massachusetts pest control experts will begin working on your problem immediately.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
Because cockroaches primarily move at night, you might not see the actual insects running around your home. Instead, you are more likely to notice the signs that they leave behind. Such signs may include the following:
- Black specks, which are the insect’s feces
- Shed skins that the insects leave behind as they molt
- Egg pouches that the cockroaches lay
- A musky, damp odor that the cockroaches leave behind
- Smear marks as they move through damp areas
- Floating bodies of cockroaches in areas with standing water, like pet bowls, water in a sink, or the dishwasher
- Movement along the floor when you turn on a light suddenly at night in a kitchen or bathroom
If you see a few signs but aren’t quite sure if they indicate the presence of cockroaches, reach out to American Pest Solutions. We can conduct an inspection and let you know the extent of the cockroach problem you have, if any.
Are Cockroaches Dangerous To Have In Your Home?
While we are treating a cockroach infestation, customers often ask, why do I have cockroaches? Some of the reasons cockroaches choose to set up in your home relate to unsanitary conditions, but a cockroach problem can also happen in a clean home if other conducive conditions are present. Consequently, if you have a cockroach infestation, you may also have other dangerous conditions inside the house. Cockroaches are drawn to areas with excessive dampness, such as a leaky pipe. If the leak is near cardboard or old paper, cockroaches like it even better. Mold could also form in this area.
Cockroaches are also dangerous because they can spread disease. They walk through unsanitary environments and other areas with a lot of bacteria before spreading it throughout the home. If they manage to gain access to food containers in your home, they can ruin the food. Roach droppings and sheddings can even trigger asthma attacks in people.
Five Simple Yet Effective Cockroach Prevention Tips
Some of the easiest cockroach prevention tips include the following:
- Keep your home as clean as possible.
- Clean up any food or beverage spills immediately.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes or water in the sink.
- Look for areas with leaky pipes and fix them.
- Discard any damp cardboard or paper immediately.
You should take these prevention steps before you have a cockroach infestation, as keeping these pests away is a far easier option than trying to control them once they’re established.
Don't Hesitate To Call The Professionals About Cockroaches
Some people worry about calling our professionals to help with the cockroaches they are seeing in their home. They might have embarrassment, or they may just want to pretend the problem doesn’t exist.
Instead of trying home remedies, trust our professional remedies for cockroaches to give you the results you want to see. We understand that a cockroach infestation can happen almost anywhere and to anyone, and we simply want to help you eliminate the problem as fast as possible. Our Western Massachusetts experts know how to get rid of cockroaches in the house. For a free evaluation, reach out to American Pest Solutions today.
- Recent Blog Posts
- September 24, 2023 - How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 14, 2023 - Stink Bug Solutions: Essential Steps To Keep Stink Bugs Away From Your Western Massachusetts Home
- September 09, 2023 - Keeping Crickets At Bay: Effective Prevention Techniques For Your Western Massachusetts Home
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (58)
- Birds - (8)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (26)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- spring pest prevention - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- cockroaches in greenfield - (1)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- property inspection - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- moisture problems - (1)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- View All Tags