Help! There Are Spiders All Over My Western Massachusetts Home
March 5, 2023
Spiders are an essential part of the ecosystem. Not only do they prey on small insects like flies, but they are also a food source for other predators. Still, you might not want them indoors, where they will build sticky webs, reproduce exponentially, and potentially cause painful bites. If you have spiders in your home, it is time to learn about the types you might find around Western Massachusetts, understand the problems they can cause on your property, and try six simple tips to prevent spiders in your home. If you are struggling with an infestation, American Pest Solutions provides pest control in Western Massachusetts that you can depend on to get rid of them safely.
Types Of Spiders Commonly Found Around Western Massachusetts
There are many types of spiders in the area, but the ones you are most likely to encounter include the following:
- House Spiders: While they are not dangerous to humans, they will efficiently cover your home with sticky webs.
- Orb Weavers: They can often be spotted on their webs and prefer to be in your yard, although they might come indoors for various reasons.
- Grass Spiders: These spiders are speedy runners and make funnel-shaped webs.
- Fishing Spiders: Very large but quite shy, fishing spiders can breathe underwater for a while.
- Jumping spiders: They have powerful legs that allow them to jump relatively high.
- Venomous spiders: Most local spiders are non-venomous, but you might still spot a black widow spider or brown recluse. Black widows have a red hourglass shape under the abdomen, and brown recluse spiders have a violin-shaped pattern on the cephalothorax.
If you have seen one of these common types of spiders on your property, read on to understand the problems they can cause.
The Problem With Spiders On Your Property
While most species in the area are harmless, spiders can still cause various problems. One of them is that you could suffer painful bites if you, unfortunately, come across a venomous type. Also, spiders are fast reproducers that can take over your home quickly, spinning sticky webs and causing more housework than you already have. And finally, some spiders can invade your food supply and lay eggs in your pantry. You can try the following six tips to prevent an infestation and get rid of spiders naturally.
Six Simple Tips To Prevent Spiders In Your Home
The following six simple tips can help prevent a spider infestation in your home:
- Keep your home clean and decluttered.
- Close off entry points like cracks in walls and foundation.
- Take out the trash often and keep garbage cans clean.
- Keep your home dry by fixing leaks and using fans or dehumidifiers.
- Keep your food stored in sturdy containers.
- Exterminate existing pest infestations that could be attracting spiders.
If prevention tips are not enough to keep these invaders at bay, it is time to consider pro pest control.
Pro Pest Control Is The Best Way To Keep The Spiders Out
The best way to get rid of spiders is to reach out to the pros. At American Pest Solutions, we use effective and safe methods that track spider activity and tackle infestations at the root. Contact us today for top-rated spider control in Western Massachusetts, and we will help you schedule a free initial home evaluation. Our licensed service members will be able to determine why spiders have invaded your property and what you can do to get rid of them and prevent them from coming back. Spiders are a common pest, but you shouldn't have to share your home with them.
Spiders can cause issues ranging from spinning sticky webs in your home to inflicting painful bites. Fortunately, you can get rid of spiders swiftly with the right tools and treatments.
- Recent Blog Posts
- November 19, 2023 - Keep Pigeons At Bay: Expert Strategies For Effective Pigeon Control In Western Massachusetts
- November 17, 2023 - Effective Strategies For Squirrel Control: Tips For A Squirrel-Free Western Massachusetts Property
- November 16, 2023 - Conquering Pantry Pests: Tips And Techniques For A Bug-Free Kitchen In Hartford
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (60)
- Birds - (9)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (27)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- commercial bird control in ma and ct - (1)
- fruit flies in western ma - (1)
- spring pest prevention - (1)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- cockroaches in greenfield - (1)
- bed bug myths - (1)
- View All Tags