Everything You Need To Know About Cricket Control In Hartford
January 30, 2023
Crickets are considered relatively harmless. Various cultures appreciate them as a delicacy covered in chocolate or a symbol of good luck. Here in the United States, they have represented a moral conscience in films. The reality of them is different. These insects can be ruinous and a threat to your health. Since infestations can quickly get out of hand, professional pest control in Hartford is necessary.
Most people underestimate crickets and are not usually prepared for a cricket invasion. They’ll hurriedly buy insecticides that are bound to shortchange them. Keep reading to learn how you can get rid of crickets successfully. American Pest Solutions can contribute to your efforts. We have ways to eliminate cricket nests.
How And Why Crickets Chirp
Male crickets chirp at night as a means to communicate with females. It’s an essential part of their mating process. In order to produce sound, the bugs will rub parts of their wings together. The sharper side is called a scraper, and it goes against the file of the opposite wing. Cricket noises can be very loud and may disturb your rest.
Crickets that invade homes are usually yellow-brown, with three stripes on the back of the head. They have two antennae, and their wings and hind legs are big. Adults range in size from 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches long. As you can imagine, the young are tinier and wingless.
Crickets In Your Home Can Be More Than Just Annoying
The moment you see a cricket, you can assume there is an infestation. Surges tend to occur after inclement weather. Alternatively, the bugs might be running out of food. They will come through gaps in foundations, doors, and windows. Spaces that are warm and damp are attractive to them. For instance, heaters, kitchens, and bathrooms. They prefer to eat their fellow pests, so their intrusions are a clue to a widespread problem. When they’re not nibbling on another pest, piece of fruit, or vegetable, they’ll target:
Not only can crickets overrun your home and damage your belongings, but they might also make you sick. Throughout their urine, feces, and spit are countless bacterial cells. Cricket droppings alone may expose you to salmonella and E. coli. On top of that, the bugs have microorganisms on their skin. Should they crawl into food packages or on countertops, they can contaminate them. If a cricket ever bites you, you can anticipate painful sores.
Ways To Deter Crickets Easily In Hartford
Do these things to prevent cricket infestations:
- Seal cracks and crevices in vents, doors, windows, and foundations.
- Attach covers to exterior vents.
- Have moisture malfunctions repaired right away.
- Use a dehumidifier to reduce warmth.
- Put food, pet chow, and garbage in firmly closed containers.
- Make sure the grass stays low. Trim plants often.
- Get organic debris off the lawn.
- Sit wood and greenery two feet from the property.
- Inspect outdoor furniture and boxes before pulling them indoors.
- Install LED bulbs outdoors; crickets can’t see warmer colors.
- Contact American Pest Solutions if you have bugs that crickets consume.
Don’t use cricket killer, insecticides, or the like purchased from stores. At best, these products will only get to a few of the pests. Commercial goods can’t thwart infestations. Furthermore, their chemicals might be too harsh for vegetation, domestic animals, and humans.
Contact The Pest Experts For Total Cricket Control
The cricket treatments we use at American Pest Solutions are potent but totally safe. We have licensed technicians and certified entomologists on our staff who will apply solutions and offer advice with great consideration. Your technician will address both the interior and exterior of your property. Call our 24-hour phone line today for a free evaluation!
- Recent Blog Posts
- November 19, 2023 - Keep Pigeons At Bay: Expert Strategies For Effective Pigeon Control In Western Massachusetts
- November 17, 2023 - Effective Strategies For Squirrel Control: Tips For A Squirrel-Free Western Massachusetts Property
- November 16, 2023 - Conquering Pantry Pests: Tips And Techniques For A Bug-Free Kitchen In Hartford
- Ants - (25)
- Bed Bugs - (60)
- Birds - (9)
- Biting Insects - (7)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (4)
- Carpenter Bees - (6)
- Carpet Beetles - (11)
- Clover Mites - (7)
- Cockroaches - (27)
- preventing bed bugs - (1)
- western mass carpenter ants - (1)
- bed bug myths - (1)
- flea and tick prevention - (1)
- zika virus - (1)
- signs of cockroaches - (1)
- diseases from mice - (1)
- bug identification in springfield - (1)
- spring pest prevention - (1)
- pest birds in connecticut - (1)
- View All Tags