Spiders On The Move
October 18, 2017
Have you been seeing more spiders around your Hartford home lately? It isn’t fun to wake up in the morning and notice a spider overhead. It’s especially frightening to walk directly into a spider web. I think most of America would agree that spiders, no matter how small, are scary looking creatures. Their many legs combined with the way they creepily move along floors and walls make them extremely unappealing. Have you ever wondered exactly why you see so many spiders in your home in the fall? It’s no coincidence that as soon as fall arrives, these spiders are seemingly everywhere. Spiders are moving into structures to find shelter for the winter months. Their goal is to find a warm, secure place to build their webs and find food. They will usually build their webs in corners, closets, and under furniture. To them, your house is like a vacation resort!
Spiders are not only opportunistic pests, but they are pretty small meaning they will find the tiniest entrances to hide. To help prevent the influx of spiders in the fall you can keep bushes and trees trimmed away from the exterior of your home and you can seal any holes or cracks around doors, windows, and in the foundation. The best way to protect your home from the nuisance of spiders is by calling American Pest Solutions. A certified technician will survey your home and identify where any preventative measures should be taken.
American Pest Solutions offers a year-round pest control plan that is aimed to prevent and/or treat any current spider infestations, or any other pests for that matter, in your home. When you sign up for one of our residential plans you can rest assured knowing that your home and family will be protected from a number of pests that would love to move in with you. Call the Good Guys at American Pest Solutions to learn more about our Pest Guard program. Living without spiders in your home is just a better way to live.
For Immediate Assistance Call (888) 324-7025
- Recent Blog Posts
- April 15, 2019 - Are Clover Mites Dangerous to New England Residents?
- April 10, 2019 - How to Cockroach-Proof Your New England Home for the Spring
- April 04, 2019 - Hartford Homeowner’s Guide to Summer Termite Infestations
- Ants - (11)
- Bed Bugs - (31)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (1)
- Carpenter Bees - (1)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (3)
- Cockroaches - (8)
- birds are harmful and destructive - (1)
- national pest management month - (1)
- summer stingers - (1)
- flea prevention tips - (1)
- fall pest prevention tips - (1)
- dangers and damages caused by wildlife - (1)
- mosquito control in springfield - (1)
- damages caused by clover mites - (1)
- home and commercial pest control in ma and ct - (1)
- green pest solutions - (1)
- View All Tags