Is My Home Safe from Termites This Winter?
December 21, 2018
Let's be very clear and to the point, at no point during the year is your home completely safe from termites. In the winter, termites simply dig down deeper into the soil where it is warm, as deep as 25 feet below the ground's surface in fact. Of course, if you have an active infestation within your home, these damage causing pests can continue to eat away at the support structure of your home. At no point should you take the threat these pests pose lightly.
As a homeowner, you need to know how to protect your home from termites. You should also know the signs of a termite infestation. This knowledge will allow you to secure professional help right away, before any serious damage can be done to your home.
Knowing termite facts is especially important since most homeowners insurance does not cover termite damage, which can be devastating. Termites can wreak havoc on floors, ceilings, walls, furniture, cabinets, and structural beams by hollowing it out from the inside, silently unbeknownst to the home's residents.
If you want to know how to identify a termite infestation, these tell-tale signs may help:
- Insect wings that have been discarded in various places, especially window sills.
- Mud tubes around foundations, basements, exterior walls, and attics.
- 'Frass', which consists of sawdust and feces, near exit holes in wood.
- Faint rustling heard in floors or walls
- Hollow wood if tapped upon.
- You may see winged swarmers that come out in the springtime to look for a mate.
Many people in New England mistakenly think that the colder winter weather causes termites to die off. This is simply not the case. Cold weather may slow them down a bit, but termites will continue to eat away on the wood in your home to feed their growing colony.
Why Choose Professional Termite Control
Termite prevention is essential. When it comes to do-it-yourself methods, they can become costly, messy, time-consuming, and they frequently fail. What you actually need is a professional termite control treatment. This treatment will not only eradicate the entire colony, but it will also prevent future infestations as well.
Contact American Pest Solutions for termite control in Western Massachusetts and Hartford County, Connecticut. Once you have secured our professional termite control services you can rest assured that your termite problem will be completely eliminated, and that they will not return in the future. Give us a call today to learn more.
For Immediate Assistance Call (888) 324-7025
- Recent Blog Posts
- March 18, 2019 - How to Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your New England Home This Spring
- March 07, 2019 - What Spring Termite Damage Means for New England Homes
- February 28, 2019 - How to Get Rid of a Winter Spider Infestation in Your Springfield Home
- Ants - (10)
- Bed Bugs - (31)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (1)
- Carpenter Bees - (1)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (2)
- Cockroaches - (7)
- damages caused by clover mites - (1)
- home and commercial pest control in ma and ct - (1)
- dangers and damages caused by wildlife - (1)
- prevention tips for pavement ants - (1)
- mosquito control in springfield - (1)
- carpet beetle facts - (1)
- 24-hour pest control and prevention - (1)
- yellow jackets - (1)
- mouse traps - (1)
- carpet beetles in your hartford home - (1)
- View All Tags