How to Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your New England Home This Spring
March 18, 2019
Why Early Intervention is Your Best Opportunity to Prevent Mosquitoes
Where to Look to Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your New England Home This Spring
- Containers, such as flower pots, barrels, and pet dishes.
- Toys, such as tire swings, bikes with baskets, and upturned frisbees.
- Gutters, if clogged with leaves and other debris.
- Lawn debris, such as leaf piles.
- Low spots on the lawn or near the foundation of your home.
- Overgrown or shaded areas.
- Uncovered pools or hot tubs.
Steps to Take to Prevent Water From Collecting
- Remove unnecessary containers.
- Drill holes in necessary containers to allow water to disperse.
- Put toys away when not in use.
- Clean out your gutters.
- Remove lawn debris whenever it collects.
- Fill low spots in your lawn or create a drainage system that directs water away from your lawn.
- Cut back overgrowth and keep the foundation of your home free of excess moisture.
- Cover pools and hot tubs with tight-fitting covers when not in use.
The Best Way to Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your New England Home This Spring
- Recent Blog Posts
- June 13, 2019 - What's Attracting Fleas to My Hartford Home?
- June 10, 2019 - Why Cockroaches Love Springfield in the Summertime
- June 07, 2019 - How to Prep Your Home Against Ants in Springfield
- Ants - (12)
- Bed Bugs - (32)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (1)
- Carpenter Bees - (1)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (3)
- Cockroaches - (9)
- free bed bug evaluation - (1)
- fruit fly prevention tips - (1)
- Bed Bugs and Spring Break - (1)
- pest control - (1)
- paper wasp nest removal - (1)
- pest control professionals - (1)
- spiders in your hartford home - (1)
- fall in new england - (1)
- mice vs rats - (1)
- Bed Bugs Bite - (1)
- View All Tags