How to Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your New England Home This Spring
March 18, 2019
Why Early Intervention is Your Best Opportunity to Prevent Mosquitoes
Where to Look to Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your New England Home This Spring
- Containers, such as flower pots, barrels, and pet dishes.
- Toys, such as tire swings, bikes with baskets, and upturned frisbees.
- Gutters, if clogged with leaves and other debris.
- Lawn debris, such as leaf piles.
- Low spots on the lawn or near the foundation of your home.
- Overgrown or shaded areas.
- Uncovered pools or hot tubs.
Steps to Take to Prevent Water From Collecting
- Remove unnecessary containers.
- Drill holes in necessary containers to allow water to disperse.
- Put toys away when not in use.
- Clean out your gutters.
- Remove lawn debris whenever it collects.
- Fill low spots in your lawn or create a drainage system that directs water away from your lawn.
- Cut back overgrowth and keep the foundation of your home free of excess moisture.
- Cover pools and hot tubs with tight-fitting covers when not in use.
The Best Way to Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your New England Home This Spring
For Immediate Assistance Call (888) 324-7025
- Recent Blog Posts
- April 15, 2019 - Are Clover Mites Dangerous to New England Residents?
- April 10, 2019 - How to Cockroach-Proof Your New England Home for the Spring
- April 04, 2019 - Hartford Homeowner’s Guide to Summer Termite Infestations
- Ants - (11)
- Bed Bugs - (31)
- Birds - (2)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (1)
- Carpenter Bees - (1)
- Carpet Beetles - (2)
- Clover Mites - (3)
- Cockroaches - (8)
- carpenter bee control and solutions - (1)
- pests found in decorations - (1)
- join our team - (1)
- free pest bird evaluation - (1)
- powder post beetles prevention tips - (1)
- Carpenter ants and pavement ants - (1)
- rodent control specialists - (1)
- get rid of bed bugs - (1)
- facts about mice - (1)
- bed bugs in ct - (1)
- View All Tags