How Can I Make My Hartford Home Unwelcoming To Rodents This Fall?
September 25, 2019
It is an interesting thing to think about making a home unwelcoming. Most people look for ways to make it more welcoming. We clean, we decorate, we may even go to the extent of putting out candy for people to snack on. Why would it be necessary to make our homes less welcoming? Well, if you have ever had a rodent infestation, you know why. The good news is making your home unwelcoming to these furry invaders in no way makes it unwelcoming to the people you enjoy.
Why It Is Important To Start Rodent Prevention Early
As the weather cools down, our homes become beacons of warmth and security for wandering rodents. Luckily, we still have a little time to prepare before the chills of winter get here. To get your home prepared, consider the following tips and tricks.
- Use wire mesh and caulk to seal up holes and gaps around the exterior of your home.
- Have larger holes or damage professionally repaired.
- Consider installing door sweeps for all exterior doors.
- Keep your yard free of clutter and debris as much as possible.
- Clean regularly, making sure that no scraps of food or any drinks are left behind to attract invading rodents.
- Repair damaged window/door screens around your home.
- Fix leaks and eliminate moisture buildup around your home.
- Keep firewood stored at least 20 feet away from the exterior of your home.
- Make sure your trash cans are tightly sealed.
All of these steps will greatly lessen your chances of a rodent infestation this winter.
Common Rodents Here In Hartford, CT
Here in Hartford, we have three types of rodents that are known for invading homes during the winter months, mice, rats, and squirrels. The only major difference between these three critters is in their ability to invade. Squirrels can climb, and mice are able to squeeze through holes the size of a nickel. These traits allow them to invade homes much easier.
Free Rodent Inspections With American Pest Solutions
The good news is, if you suspect your home has rodents, there is a quick, easy, and free way to find out. All you have to do is give the pros here at American Pest Solutions a call. We will send one of our rodent specialists your way ASAP to find out if your home is at risk. Just remember, we are here so that your pests stay away.
- Recent Blog Posts
- May 07, 2021 - Why Professional Pest Control Is A Great Idea For Your Hartford Business
- May 07, 2021 - Is It Dangerous To Have Pavement Ants On My Springfield Property?
- May 06, 2021 - Answering The Most Common Mosquito Questions In Western Mass
- Ants - (15)
- Bed Bugs - (42)
- Birds - (4)
- Biting Insects - (6)
- careers - (1)
- Carpenter Ants - (3)
- Carpenter Bees - (3)
- Carpet Beetles - (5)
- Clover Mites - (4)
- Cockroaches - (15)
- green pest solutions - (1)
- Rats - (1)
- damages caused by clover mites - (1)
- spring pest prevention - (1)
- join our team - (1)
- pavement ant prevention - (1)
- pest bird prevention - (1)
- carpet beetles in your hartford home - (1)
- hartford meal moths - (1)
- home pest control in springfield - (1)
- View All Tags